Mortgage Loan Processor
R & J capital is currently seeking a full-time Mortgage Processor. The Mortgage processor wil be in charge of setting up loans by ordering appraisals, tax transcripts and fraud checks; assembling and completing loan files; preparing and submitting completed loan files to underwriting; clearing underwriting conditions; and obtaining clearance to transfer loan to closing departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and assess residential mortgage loan applications as assigned.
- Perform a preliminary review of each application for compliance and completeness.
- Run DU or LP underwriting engine as appropriate. Compare findings with loan file documentation and collect additional documentation as needed.
- Identify any change of circumstance and prepare and deliver any required re disclosures.
- Evaluate risk of residential mortgage loan application based on sound underwriting standards.
- Image and accurately organize all file documentation to comply with company and industry standards.
- Prepare and submit completed loan file to underwriting for decision based on mandated quality control guidelines and regulatory compliance.
- Resubmit loan file to obtain clear to close status and collect prior to closing documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac lending programs, MI guidelines, current mortgage industry file documentation and QM underwriting standards.
- Mortgage processing experience required.
- Working understanding of compliance and regulatory guidelines including Fair Lending, TRID, and HMDA reporting.
- Ability to evaluate Automated Underwriting Findings.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Calyx Point is a plus.
- Candidate must possess positive and professional work ethics, and must be able to be a team player as well as work independently.
This position offers job growth potential
Click HERE to contact us regarding this position
(Please Specify Position When Submitting Contact Information)